Tuesday, June 20, 2017

these are a few of my favorite things...

School's out! Which means I've been busy cleaning the classroom, my house, my wardrobe- everything! I'm in full-on clean all of the things mode! This is a great problem to have, but I'm slowly finding things to replace all of the things I'm clearing out- which is wonderful for my happiness, but terrible for my wallet... if ya know what I mean! ;)

At the end of the year I told my kiddos if they worked really hard in reading we'd have a reading beach party- and they met the goal! I can't post any of the fo' real party pictures because they all have littles in them- but here's one of me stoked with a beach ball!



My kiddos and staff were so sweet at the end of the year. Most of the things they gave me had pineapples on them- and I cannot complain one bit!!! The nugget who gave me this lovely said "It's a pineapple! Because you love pineapples!" and homegirl isn't wrong! One of the teacher's aides who spent a large part of the year in my class gave me the water bottle and doormat-which are both adding to the pineapple home decor at my house-which I'm sure my roommates love...



One of our roommates from last year moved out but couldn't take a lot of her furniture with her, so she left it at the house-which was fine with us- because we didn't have to get replacement furniture. Until this year, because she's getting married and needs it back. So, I've spent the last few weeks rounding up furniture- and having a blast doing it! So far I've scored this leather couch for $200, a solid table and chairs for $100, and these super cute (shocker-pineapple) string lights for $3. Killin 'the game, over here. 



Other faves? This dress from Old Navy (exact unavailable, similar here), 
these crochet Toms I scored for EIGHT dollars on Poshmark. They still had the tags on them, people. 

and this planner that I'm so excited to use next year. I've been stalking Me & My Big Ideas planners since last year and have wanted one for my teacher planner. When they announced the arrival of their teacher planners I jumped on the chance to have one and then Lord bless Michaels, because they had a planner sale. I got the box kit of my planner (retail $40) for $23. The day it was released. I still can't believe it. 






What are your favorite purchases lately? 



No comments:

Post a Comment