Tuesday, December 6, 2016

FIVE Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday Week!



First of all, happy birthday to YOU! Obviously if you're reading this it's because you want to have a killer birthday week (now or sometime in the future) My birthday is in December, so some of these are themed more toward the winter. Forgive me if your birthday is smack dab in the middle of August. Adjust accordingly.

1. Get Your Nails Done!

First of all, shoutout to the Jamba Juice floor/wall. Lately I've been getting my nails done like crazy!I'm all about shellac lately. It stays. It doesn't chip. My nails are literally longer than EVER. It's pretty cool. I just recently noticed each time (except for that one time when I had the worst experience ever and got my nails re-done the next day... ahem, middle pic...) they've been some shade of red. Oh whale! 

Exhibit A, B, and C below. 


 2. Go to your FAVE event!

I'm a Christmas fanatic. My classroom has been decorated for Christmas since November 29th because we only have four day weeks and that means ONLY EIGHT SCHOOL DAYS IN DECEMBER. Sorry for the all caps and bold, I'm just not really sure how I feel about that yet. I mean, yay for vacation but BOO for no December activities.

Anyway, my favorite December event is the tree lighting at the university I don't even go to anymore. nearby. So, Ry and I went there last week. It was a blast, and I had tons of fun. As always.


3. HAVE A SNOW DAY (almost).

Again, sorry if your birthday is in July or something... but this week I had my first EVER teacher snow day! On Monday during school it snowed quite a bit. There's nothing better as a teacher than watching twenty littles squealing and begging to stare out the window and watch the snow. And we did. A lot. 

Our schedule was super cool (haha, get it?) and I would re-live school snow day every day if possible. I mean, we worked on reading and math as per usual in the morning but that afternoon was chock full of snowman story books, snowman art, Christmas coloring pages and carols, silent (snow)ball. It was a blast. 

Anyway, on Tuesday I woke up to texts from a coworker saying that due to ice and snow all night long we were on a two-hour delay. Uh, SCORE! Heck yes I will stay in my pajamas and rest for two hours, thankyouverymuch. 

Fingers crossed for a full blown cancellation Wednesday since the low is 25... brr.


4. Buy your favorite coffee (or get it for free!). 

Fingers crossed that Dutch doesn't disappoint (like they did Ry...) and I'l'l get my free birthday Dutch! Woo! So jazzed.Do other places do this? Can I just make the rounds? Asking for a friend, obviously.


5. Spend it with your FAVORITE people.

Mine? 
1. My family (late celebration, but I'll still get to celebrate!)
2. Ryan (he has plans, I just don't know what they are... yet...)
3. My friends (shoutout to J and coworker friends who will get to see me all day... hehe)
4. My class! They're so cute and have been asking how many days until my birthday all week. I love those kidlets.



What do you do on your birthday?

During your birthday week?

No comments:

Post a Comment