Friday, December 16, 2016

A Christmas Swap Story!


I participated in Mattie and Olya's Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange this year and it was so fun! This exchange was different than others I've participated in, in that I gave a gift to someone different than who I received from. The person I gave a gift to was actually Janell my roommate! I thought that  was hilarious and it was so hard to hide who I had from her! She didn't figure it out though, so I'm pretty proud of that!
I received a gift from Jenn, and guys- it was perfect! I haven't had the best luck with swaps in the past (mainly because I enthusiastically send things to people that I love and want to keep for myself and then find myself receiving things I'll never use) I honestly was questioning why I even swap anymore. But then...  this. 

I love baking. Especially pies. And this box couldn't have been more perfect. I found this contraption, that I'd never even hear of (but am SO excited to use) that lets you stamp the crust of your pie with a pretty wreath design...


An organic pie crust mix (yay for easiness during the busy holiday times) 
And a pie cookbook! 

I'm so thankful for the gift and so excited to use these new fun things to make a pie for the holidays. Thank you Jean, and thank you Mattie & Olya for a super fun swap!




Today I've linked up with Mattie from Northwest Native and Amy from the Farmers Wife

9 comments:

  1. So glad you participated! Okay, that's hilarious that you got your roommate!!! Haha! Jenn gives such great gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too! I wanted to last year and just never got around to it. Thank you for hosting!

      Delete
  2. So funny you got your roommate! I love the gifts you got! Those cookbooks look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, though?! I love the gifts too, and I'm most excited about the cookbook! Hope you loved the gift you received as well!

      Delete
  3. I am glad that the house will smell lovely when you bake a pie! :)
    Thank you for the presents and for telling me to participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, too bad it won't be here! Of course, lady! :)

      Delete
  4. Note: The comments on this post may appear wacky! I updated my blog and ruined some settings (including the ones for Disqus- oops!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the odds that you would get your roommate?! As I said on Janell's post, this is my third swap, and I've never been paired with someone I know, ha! It definitely seems like you surprised her, so good job there. I definitely would have told my roommate like day 1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! It was ridiculous! And so difficult not to tell her!!

    ReplyDelete