Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Let's Chat Over Coffee, Shall We?

Good morning, lovely person! It's only been two weeks or so since I've posted here but it feels like five-ever, and every time it seems like I've gone too long without posting I wanna catch up! So, here goes nothing! If we were hanging out in real life, my (now ridiculously small looking, thanks jumbo iPhone 7 peeps…) iPhone 5 would probably be chilling on the table, waiting for me to give visuals to whatever I was talking about. 

But since you can't see my phone right now, you'll have to settle for this photo dump that's about to ensue below, and just imagined the excessive hand motions and excited non-stop chatter for yourself!


We went to the pumpkin patch! it was probably the muddiest day of the entire month, and I forgot all of my boots at my parents house except this one pair that I didn't want to wear. My foot got literally engulfed by the mud (think quicksand) and I had a mini-heart attack while I tried to figure out how to get my foot out without dropping the pumpkin I was carrying/getting my clothes dirty. I escaped, don't worry! I also got a super cute pumpkin and a few nights later we….

Carved them with Ry's roommate and his girlfriend. I'm not going to tell you what my pumpkin was supposed to be, so whatever you think it was - YES, you're right! :) 

\
Speaking of Ry's house, he and one of his roommates decided on a whim to get a bunny! Before you get upset, both of them have had bunnies before so they're pretty experienced bunny owners. His name is currently Butterscotch (Buddy for short) but he has also been named Bugs, Biscuit, and Pebbles in the last week or so. Apparently the new consensus is that we're allowed to call him just about anything start starts with 'B' 


On Halloween my class celebrated with a pajama party, pumpkin exploration math (we measured, weighed, and tested their ability to float), and a movie with lots  and lots of snacks. The highlight though was when one of my students brought me a pumpkin she grew herself!!! It's the cutest thing ever and I love it. 


I've decided to start getting my nails done (gel polish, homies) every month or so just because I like it and think its fun. The first time I went in with J I absolutely loved my nails, but I wanted a change and so the next time I asked for something different. I'm not going to post a picture of what I actually wanted because what I got was so far off it wouldn't even make sense. Anyway, I had the nails above for about a day and then decided I absolutely couldn't handle them anymore and had them re-done. 


So now they look like this, I love them, and all is right in the world. 

That same day Janell and I went to Real Deals (a store similar to Hobby Lobby, Target, etc. in the home decor aspect). They also have some clothing too. I didn't buy much but I got this super cute little sign for six dollars!! I'm going to change it a little bit and use it for my classroom.
I found this little guy at TJMaxx and I'm so in love. I thought about getting it for my classroom, but it's a little expensive to use for the nine days of school we have in the month of December, and I don't want to offend any parents by encouraging Santa if that's not something they want their child to be exposed to. Its such a cute little mailbox though!!

Last, but of course not least, Ryan and I celebrated two whole years of dating (that's over 700 days, go us!) We spent the day doing homework (well he did, I watched movies…), shopping (yay for deals!!) and went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Which was delicious. 

How has your November started? Still have a guess about what that pumpkin of mine was supposed to be? Let me know! Have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment