Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Oh, October...

I love October. Honestly, I love pretty much any month that ends in -ber, and for darnnn good reason. I feel like that's a Little Rascals quote. Maybe not. Eh. Basically, the fall/winter are wonderful for a billion and one reasons. First of all, it's socially acceptable to carry a hot coffee/cocoa/whatever it is you fancy in your hands at every hour of the day. Early morning, it's cold… coffee is great. Middle of the day, still freezing… coffee is still great. End of the day? Probably even colder. Coffee. You get the picture.

There are also just so many fun holidays during these months! Halloween, Thanksgiving, our dating anniversary, Ryan's birthday, my birthday, AND Christmas. It's a time to be alive, I tell ya. And also a time to buy ALL THE GIFTS. I love buying gifts, so it's like months of buying and wrapping. Weee!
We haven't picked out our pumpkins, but we're hoping to this Friday. I'm also planning to buy those little pumpkins for my kiddos to do some math activities with. We're going to measure their height, circumference, and experiment with whether or not they float. Because why not?!

Speaking of school, last week was spirit week and we all had a blast! Monday was pajama day (can I get an amen that we should be allowed to wear our pajamas to work 24/7?), Tuesday was 'school rainbow day' so every class had a color to deck their classroom out in. Mine was green, obviously. And  Wednesday was school pride day. Hence the purple hair, which despite popular belief was not real… sorry to disappoint kiddos (and mom… haha) My mom was super convinced that I dyed my hair purple and was EXCITED?! I've never dyed my hair even a somewhat 'normal' color. So I don't know why she thought I'd dye it purple. Oh whale.

The boyfriend is playing club football through our university. On Monday we had a torrential downpour in our area. Supposedly the "storm of the century" which really just ended up being rain, and a random tornado on the coast… but that isn't near us… Either way, that Monday night football game was WET AND RAINY. For the first half. But I had Dutch, and Dutch can get you through anything in life. Also, I knew I had baked potato soup and garlic bread cooking at home, so that helps too :) 

This one isn't as current, but a random throwback to the time (a week or two ago) when my little brother got us 50-YARD LINE seats to the Duck game. The Ducks aren't as incredible as they used to be… bye Marcus :(, but it was still a super fun experience and we also learned there's a DUTCH BROS INSIDE Autzen Stadium. I promise I cared more about the game than this fact, but it was still pretty mind-blowing. 

What have you been up to?
What pictures do you have tucked away on your phone that still haven't made it to the blog?
What's your favorite fall tradition?



No comments:

Post a Comment