Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Worst Date. Ever.

This would never happen, but before I start I feel like I should start this post by saying that if by some chance the person I went on this date with reads this… the date wasn't bad because of the person. It was bad because of this movie. 

The Year One. I've linked the IMDB page for this movie because if on the off-chance you're literally bored out of your mind and have nothing else to do, you should see that other people think this movie is awful too. Not just me!

Anyway…

When I was a freshman in high school I played a lot of basketball, year-round. While doing this my brother and I were able to meet a ton of people that we're still friends with to this day. When I was a freshman we spent a lot of time with a few people in particular though, and one of them was (let's call him) Larry. 

Larry and I were pretty close. We didn't go to the same school but I invited him to a dance, we'd hang out after basketball was over. We were chums. And then 13-year-old Sammy and 'Larry' started "dating". Which consisted of us hanging out after basketball was over. Haha, woo! 

One day, we decided to go watch a movie. One of our parents drove us to the movie theater (because hello, we're thirteen and can't even go do anything on our own…) I don't remember who chose the movie, but I'd like to say it was definitely not me. Because I would not choose this movie. 

To make it short, there are very few things I remember about this film, but the one thing I know for SURE is that it was the worst movie I have ever seen. In all of my 22 years of life. It was so stupid and boring that I fell asleep in the theater. Larry didn't even bother to wake me up until I totally panic woke right before the movie actually ended. And I'm pretty sure that the ride home was just as awkward.

We stopped "dating" shortly thereafter. 

Big surprise there, I'm sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment