Monday, June 13, 2016

A Million And One Updates

Good gravy, guys. Teacher note: Unintended alliteration :) The last few weeks have been a blur! There are so many things to talk about and so many things to post pictures of, but first and foremost...


I GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!

And obviously I'm not excited at all, clearly not even an ounce of excitement about that.


I guess the easiest way to recap on life is to start at the beginning, a few weeks ago.




I should preface this by saying I absolutely adore my roommates, but on the Sunday of finals week at 1:30am they told me that we were hosting a barbecue at our house. They promised that they'd talked to me about this beforehand (and maybe they did, while I was sleeping or underwater or out of the house...) but I had no idea this was happening. So, at 1:30am, literally less than 48 hours before this barbecue was to happen, we planned a barbecue! It turned out to be a success and a great way to say goodbye to our friends. And eat lots of food.




I spent the last few weeks of college painting my nails a lot. My only non-blogging roommate, Ashley, revealed after a bunch of months living with me that she had this stellar collection of nail polish, and so I borrowed this blue from her. It's super great and I liked it a lot.


My super talented boyfriend took some random last-minute cap and gown photos as we wandered campus a few days before graduation. Yay yay yay!


My last day of student teaching (with kiddos present) was Friday and it was probably the saddest day of the whole year. I was excited to be done, obviously, but they were just so cute!! A few cried, and that wasn't fun, noboy likes to see littles cry :( Buuuut they did get me a super cute gift! Not pictured below is the book of notes they wrote to me about how I helped them grow this year (plant themed stationary because I taught them a plant unit)
I'm not sure how she picked up on it, because clearly I never ever talk about my love for all things pineapple, but my mentor teacher got me this ADORABLE pineapple print box from Joann Fabrics (which I'm obsessed with and will probably use every day for the rest of my life) and a Starbucks pineapple print tumbler. This woman knows me, I swear. So so sad to leave her classroom.

Two of my roommates are moving out this year (one to go to a different city, and one to get married!) and so we have two lovely ladies moving in with us in the fall. One of them is from Hawaii and left these lei for Janell and I for our graduation! Literally so sweet and I was so excited! Also, notice my new pineapple tablecloth... I'm tellin ya guys, it's a sickness.


Whipped up this graduation banner real quick using my school's die cut machine and some random paper and yarn I had lying around. Also, only chose yellow to match that darn tablecloth.

J and I were so ready for grad we put our stuff in the hall the night before. Pumped!

Another shot of all of the pineapple things


GRADUATION MORNING! Please note that throughout the day my hair uncurled itself. Story of my life. But, for these few moments it looked good. Also, the dress I wore for grad was $7 and that's the best purchase of my life so far I tell you!

Janellyyyyy and me! :)


Post-grad! I loved getting leis from my future roommate, mom (who had Ry's roommate's mom bring a lei from Hawaii for me - so sweet!), and a candy Lei from Ry's roommate



After graduation we went back to my house and ate lunch/cake. At about 5pm my family started acting really weird and a bunch of people went outside. I had no idea but they had a limo come to the house, pick us up, drive home to pick up my brother and his best friend (who were unable to come to my graduation because they were graduation speakers elsewhere) and we went to the coast for dinner. So so fun. I loved it, even if I don't like surprises! :)
The coast is one of my favorite places, especially when the weather's nice!

Overall, it's been a wonderful few weeks. I start teaching science for three weeks in 28 days, and get into the classroom for reals in 70 days!




No comments:

Post a Comment