Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Kid Thoughts

I don't think I'll ever be able to express how much I love my 5th grade kiddos and how sad I am to be leaving them. So, in honor of those little rascals, here's the three best things they've said to me this week (well, one is from last week... but oh well)


We had just sat down at the carpet to start morning announcements.


Boy: "Eyyyy Ms. S, back at it again with the black and white scarf!"
Me: "...yeah, but I don't own white vans."
Girl: "Oh, what do you drive?"
Me: "..."
Girl: "... well you said you don't drive a van..."
Me. "..."


How do you even focus on math after that? How?




During afternoon break I was walking across the blacktop toward the swings when the sweetest, quietest, most well behaved little girl in our class walked up to me and said "My rubber ducky spoke to me one day and said if you go ice skating you will fall in lava" and then DANCED away. What do you even say to these little people? Nothing. The answer is nothing.




And last, but not least, when the substitute teacher showed up late a lovely little one handed me this note while I tried my best to look like I had it all held together. I really love them, ya know?


Happy Tuesday xo







1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, so funny and cute! I love the innocence of children.

    ReplyDelete