Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Playing Catch (Up)



Hello! How was your Valentine's Day!? I feel weird saying that, since Valentine's Day was three days ago... it feels so much longer than that. I went to the store on the morning of the 15th, at 9 am, and they were throwing Valentine's Day candy in carts to be price marked like it was the end of the world. It was strange.

The whole weekend was a blur. On Friday night we went to see The Choice (not embarrassed about being obsessed with Nicholas Sparks books/movies at all!) and it was really good! I read the book when I was in middle school so I had to see it! Ry didn't seem to hate it, so that was great!

Saturday morning he went with me to watch my students play basketball (they were so adorable!!) and return some things for my mom. We came home and went our separate ways to get ready for Valentine's Day dinner.





This year we decided to celebrate on Saturday, instead of Sunday, and I think the crowd was better than it was last year. We went to a new restaurant we've never been to (well, Ry had, I hadn't) and ate
steak and crème brulee. So adult of us, right?



Ry gave me this super cute book he had made of all the reasons he loves me (I'll have to make a blog post about it soon, it's precious! And gave me a card and a plant (yay plants!!) After dinner we went home and watched segregation documentaries for his sociology class (perks of being in love with a future history teacher! :) )

On Sunday morning (ya know, the actual holiday) we went to church and then came home to make pancakes!! The rest of the day was pretty lazy. We did some homework and got Dairy Queen for dessert.
Overall, pretty great weekend. This week is almost over (thank goodness) but I'm only halfway through my teaching assessment and I'm stressing buckets. I recognize that's not a real stress term, but I have no energy to think of a real one.
Pray for my assessment, and my sanity. :)
Happy Thurday!


\


2 comments:

  1. That restaurant looks delicious! Also pancakes and DQ?! Yum! I can't believe V-Day was just four days ago now. I guess since we went out to dinner on Thursday I keep thinking it was then? I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious!! :) Yay for food :)

    ReplyDelete