Thursday, January 14, 2016

Favorite Day of the Week

As long as I can remember I've had a favorite day of the week. When I was in elementary school, it was Wednesday because it's right in the middle of the week. You've accomplished a lot, but still have things to do, and you're equally spaced between the last weekend you lived and the next one you'll encounter. It seemed symmetrical and good.


Nowadays, my favorite days are Thursdays. I realize Thursday isn't a symmetrical day, and that it's not Friday which might make more sense if I was basing this off of proximity to the weekend...


But it's still my favorite.

Thursdays are the only morning I don't wake up at 6:30am, but at 8 (or 9 or 10... it all depends) because I don't have anywhere to be until noon. And that's awesome.


I spend four hours in my student teaching classroom, and then just two hours at work (my last work day of the week)


I go to a small group with Ry at one of my favorite family's homes. And they have cute littles. And we eat dinner and talk about Jesus.


And then when all of that awesome stuff is over, I get to go to sleep knowing that even though tomorrow (Friday) is the craziest busiest day of my whole week, it's still Friday, and it's still one day closer to the weekend.


What's your favorite day?


No comments:

Post a Comment