Friday, October 16, 2015

Why My Blog Has Been So Bare...

Once upon a time, in a land far far away there lived a Sammy who once had a life and time to do things other than school. And that, my friends, is why I haven't been to The Happy Chalkboard all week. I feel like I'm obligated to give you a quick little run through of all of the crazy that's happened in the last seven days (longer than that, really...) so here's what I've been up to.




1. The last time I checked in I wrote a quick post about how my computer was being ridiculous. And because I'm a blogger (kinda, I mean bloggers have to post and I haven't been too great at that lately...) I took a picture of the tragedy and I'm posting it below. #nofilter.




Last Friday I had a long break between classes so I ran home to grab my laptop and bring it back to school to work on some lesson plans (don't I sound so teachery-y... just workin' on my lesson plans...) Ha. Laptop had other plans.

As soon as I started my computer it blue screened and it blue screened hard, for a solid two hours. I couldn't fix it and my break was over so I went to class and told myself I'd bring it to the IT people after class was over.

When I went to the IT people they said they couldn't do much since I didn't live on campus anymore (wah... of course this would happen) and tried a few things that didn't work. They basically told me to go home and see if it worked there because that was the last place it had worked correctly. So I went home and the silly thing worked! We've basically decided the school's internet doesn't like my laptop anymore and so it'll attack it when I try to do work there. Awesome.

2. One of my roommates isn't moving in until the winter but she came to visit us for her birthday weekend last weekend. Our town has a super adorable boutique that she loves so I ran over there real quick to pick up a few small things for her birthday! I don't know about you, but J is 22!







3. When I was thinking about student teaching, student teaching outfits were one of the biggest stressors on my brain. But I've been wearing things that are comfortable and make me look like I've put in some professional attempt, which is great, every day! So shoutout to my clothes for helping me look put together at 7am Monday-Friday, even when I break the anti-jeans student teaching rule sometimes...




4. This morning on the way to school I saw this lovely burst of happiness in the sky and I just had to take a picture of it. God is great, all the days of my life (even the craziest ones) and He can create some beautiful things in this world. Waking up at the crack of dawn to witness them isn't the greatest, but every happy has its struggle.






5. After the craziest week of life because of my computer almost dying, myself almost dying from a crazy cold, student teaching, work, losing my debit card (which I don't even want to talk about because it's ridiculous...), getting ready for a weekend retreat, and prepping my package for Summer's Sweater Swap.... I had to make something.

So, I decided to make these lovely little mini pumpkin cheesecakes (hello favorite dessert). They are great and I recommend you stop whatever grown up responsible things you're doing now and make them. And then eat them all.





Well, that's all I've got! Have a happy happy Friday and hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later.
xo Sammy







No comments:

Post a Comment