Thursday, October 1, 2015

Planning Birthdays

Lord knows I'm a planner. I plan everything. I might not stick to the plan, and God doesn't always have the same plan as me (thank goodness...) but there is always a plan. When Ry told me he was coming home on his birthday (yeah, I know I said I wouldn't talk about this anymore...) I knew that being me, there would be some planning to do. And plan I did.

Before he got home I went to his house and decorated the outside. It wasn't anything fancy: a happy birthday banner, some triangle banner thing wrapped around the tree (that's probably the worst description of anything, ever) and some balloons.The balloons make me laugh even as I write about them now because when I went to the store I just grabbed random things and one of them has minions on it. Also, before he got home it started raining like crazy (thanks, PNW...) and they were all just laying on the grass...
 
He had no idea what we were going to be doing on his birthday so when he got home I subtly told him what to wear and we got in the car. He actually told me at this point he hoped we weren't hiking because of how hard it was raining... whoops, we were. Months before he left I put 'The Surprise' as a contact in his phone with directions to a super popular hiking spot he'd never been to before. We'd talked about it a few times, but it's far away, so we'd never had time to go. Until his birthday. So I told him to ask his phone for directions to the surprise and he looked at me like I was a crazy person, until it worked. Sneaky girlfriend for the win. So, we followed the directions and ended up at the surprise.

 
After we spent a few hours there eating lunch and hiking around we had to drive back home for an event that our college Christian group was putting on. All of our friends are busy people, but most of them are involved in the college group, so I figured instead of trying to make everyone get together again after the event, I'd just show up early with cupcakes. Well, a cupcake cake, which is basically the positives of both cake and cupcakes

.

Overall, everything went well. There was hiking, there were friends, and there were cupcakes.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment