Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My Crockpot Dinner Sucked.

Well hi there! A while ago, the lovely Stephanie posted this blog post that basically confronts the fact that so often we make our 'blog lives' look perfect when in reality we all know life ain't perfect. And that post is the only reason why I'm even sharing this little story at all.

About a week ago I bought a crockpot because wintertime always makes me think of warm food made by my momma, and my momma uses a crockpot. So, I bought one because I wanted to recreate that food for myself in my own house. I don't know why but I thought that just the fact that something was made in a crockpot would make it instantly delicious and ten million times better in every category, right? 

Ha.

Anyway, I took the thing home, looked through Pinterest recipes, grabbed a few things I had on hand and threw all of them in the crockpot.

And then waited like six hours...
I had no idea what I was doing.
Who am I kidding, I never do.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting what I got.
I'm not even gonna tell you what I put in there because nobody in this whole wide world would probably want to recreate what I made.

We ate it, because wasting food isn't cool, but we definitely ate leftover cold pizza afterwards that night, and I am not ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment