Friday, October 2, 2015

Currently - Then & Now

I have a few journals, and by a few I mean six. Only two have been written in, one semi-regularly and one that I've written in maybe five times since I started college, ya know... three years ago. I was flipping through these few pages and it was just so amazing to me how different life was, just a few years ago. Also, since school has just started up again and most of these are college-related I thought why not!? :) Each little entry also has a 'currently' section below it, but I'm only including those if they're relevant.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

"It's really strange that I graduated. Ready to see where life takes me, and I'm already looking forward to graduation #2. Concerned about college, and how that will be, but God's on my side, so I'll be alright."

Saturday, September 8, 2012

"Well, one more week until move-in. CRAZY! I'm so excited, but really nervous for stuff. Getting a smart phone, so that's cool. And I have almost all of my stuff ready. Ah, nerves!"

Wanting: A TAN [Still true, home girl...]. Starbucks.

Thursday, October 11, 2012.

"Three weeks into college, and it's been great. My roommates are nice, even though we're different-which has been interesting. I like my classes, I love volunteering. I love my school and I love my friends."

Currently:

Wanting - To go home, finish my homework. Finish this term.

Needing - TO GRADUATE. Do I have a degree yet?

Saturday Nov., 10 2012

"First term is so close to being over! I seriously can't wait! So excited for a month of break, and new classes!"

Thursday, March 14, 2013

"Second term is almost over! So ready to be done with first year and out of these dorms!" [Haaa, that's what you think... you're not done yet.]

August 1, 2014

"Found out yesterday I'm an RA again!"

Wanting - Move in day to be here!

Needing - to tan... [again, still true...]

October 2, 2015

It's so strange to me that everything I had planned for my life as a kid is almost done. That sounds strange, but hear me out. When I was growing up I knew that I wanted to go to college and be a teacher, that was my goal. And now, I'm less than a year away from graduating from college and I will be a teacher. Of course I've grabbed onto some new life goals along the way. I want to be a wife, I want to serve God somehow, I want to buy a small house and make it my own. I want to be a mom. I want to bake lots and drink good coffee and never ever get another filling ever again. But, it's so strange that I never remember specifically wanting any of these things until the last few years. I'd always just wanted to go to college and teach.

Life's funny like that sometimes. I'm sure if someone asked ten-year-old Sammy if she'd like to grow up and own a house, I would've said yes. If someone asked if I wanted to bake when I was older, I would've agreed, and probably been willing to volunteer to eat it all too.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, I just know that if just ten years ago I didn't have all of these goals in mind that I do now, I'm really excited to see what my goals are in another ten years, and where I am in life. It's interesting stuff.

Currently... going through old journals.

Listening... to the hum of my computer, some loud car outside, and an obnoxious bird.

Eating... just ate a whole wheat homemade cinnamon roll

Drinking... water a few seconds ago but only because I forgot to take my vitamins

Wearing... brother's old green Nike shirt, jean shorts.

Feeling... impatient, as always.

Weather... still sunny!

Wanting... life to stay simple, at least for a little while

Needing... nothing, life is good!

Thinking... about how that was probably the first time I didn't write that I needed a tan

Enjoying... life.

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment