Thursday, September 10, 2015

Worry-Free Peace

If I've learned anything about myself over the last few months, it's that I'm a worrier in every sense of the word. I can't experience anything even slightly frightening without immediately assuming that's how the world is going to end. I don't even want to get into all of the mindless (and sometimes also important) things I've been worrying about. Just know that if worrying was an Olympic sport, I'd win every metal there is. All of em'.
 
I'm trying really hard to make a conscious effort not to worry so much. I found this pretty picture from somewhere on the interweb (sorry, I don't own it but it needed to be used.) It just reminds me that it's not enough to accept that God has a plan, but we also need to wholeheartedly let go with those white knuckles of the control that we want. If it's God's plan, there's no room for our control. I just need to trust that He knows what he's doing. Pretty sure if the Guy can run the whole Earth and everything else He does I can't even understand, He's capable of navigating the life of little ol' me.
 
That's just what's on my mind lately, other than all of the worry...

No comments:

Post a Comment