Wednesday, September 30, 2015

This Week in 'History"

I've talked a few times about my Happiness Project journal.

Basically, it's a tiny little journal that you're supposed to write one little sentence in every day for five years. The idea is that you can look back on what you were doing over a span of time. It sounds tedious, but I love it. It's so cool when your year finally overlaps and you can see what you were doing/how you were feeling in the past.
 
I wish I could hook you up with some cool discount or snazzy freebie to convince you to get this journal, but I can't, I'm just rambling about it because I love it and because it's affected my life.
 
But what I can do is show you what I wrote about this year and last year. This post is being written a little early, so by the time you see this it'll be a week or so behind (I know, I'm sorry) but still! Enjoy, and happy Thursday!
 
September 17, 2014
Early dorm arrivals showed up! Two residents!
 
September 17, 2015
Went into the classroom today, then went back that night for open house. Met some parents of the kids..
 
September 20, 2014
Didn't do much, got my hall [decorations] finished, went to town with N, J, and P. [I remember this! We went to get food and stopped at Starbucks and this sweet little old lady barista made mini versions of the drink I ordered and we all toasted. It was cute.]
 
September 20, 2015
Rode Ruby and then drove back to school, A moved all of her stuff in.
 
September 22, 2014
Got to know my residents more, the Christian group gang visited while P and I were on duty.
 
September 22, 2015
More training for job. We painted for a few hours today.
 
September 24, 2014
Worked desk duty, been thinking a lot about a lot. Ryan came over and hung out really late...?
 
September 24, 2015
Went to elementary school, picked up Ry's birthday cake, got ballons, Ry's flight comes in tonight.
 
 
It's just so funny to me to see how subtly things change in just a year. Last year at this time I was super exhausted and excited to be starting a new year as an RA with some really great friends and I'd literally just started talking to Ry. This year, I'm excited to be student teaching and meeting all of my kiddos and Ry and I are going strong. It's things like that that make me so happy I have these tiny little documented moments.
 
Happy Thursday!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment