Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Missing Mattress

I've had the same full-size mattress since I was probably three years old. It's a fine mattress, but I've grown a little since toddlerhood and sometimes I just want to feel like an adult. Also, I have two houses now (parents and school) and living in two places with only one mattress would be a little rough...

So, my lovely momma decided to buy me a queen-size mattress for my school house. She's really into not having things made with chemicals so she's doing her research and eventually will replace all of our mattresses with this new natural kind. I'm pretty sure she decided to go with organic latex, because they're supposed to be hypoallergenic and both my dad and brother have allergies to almost everything under the sun.

Anyway, so this mattress was supposed to get to my school house two Fridays ago, and I thought I'd be sleeping on the cot we have here for a few nights and then I'd be rewarded for my time with a brand new cozy mattress and glitter or something.

Wrong.

Because the mattress never showed up. And then the delivery people called to reschedule its delivery to last Wednesday.

So finally I accepted that I'd be dealing with the cot for a little while longer and on Wednesday I left school early, came home and started some chores while I waited (super excitedly) for the delivery and then lo and behold... those darn delivery people called again.

No mattress.

By this point I was really upset, which I told the lady, and asked where it was and what was going on. She told me she had no idea where my mattress was. None. She didn't know why it wasn't there to get on the truck. My mattress is missing...

So I called my mom, who called the people she bought it from, who said that the company does know where it is, they had just delivered it to the wrong person. So they had to go get the mattress from where they incorrectly dropped it and then didn't have time to get it back to me during the next delivery route... sweet.

So now I have no mattress, my back is now that of an eighty year old woman, and I don't know when I'll get my comfy new bed. But believe me, there will be a blog post about it.


Countdown til' the boyfriend's home... 8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment