Monday, September 21, 2015

Love Languages

I love personality tests. The Meyers Briggs and I were bffs for a time, I tell ya. (Solid ESTJ over here...) and my other fave is the Love Languages Test. I've always known my top result (these things are important somehow!) but the other day Ry and I took the test again to see what both of ours was, and then I saw this post by Alyssa and I knew I had to do something similar!
Quality Time
R - 10
S - 11

"This language is all about giving the other person your undivided attention."

I knew this would be our number one before we even started. We spend time together constantly, usually doing nothing We're just happy together, and there's nothing wrong with that! Downside though is that if we can't spend lots of time together because of business (or ya know, the boyfriend living across the ocean for some time...) then we get sad. But who doesn't?

Acts of Service
R- 6
S - 6

"For these people, actions speak louder than words."

Ry shows love by helping a lot. He's always there to volunteer and lend a hand,  which I love. And I find it hilarious that our scores were so similar...

Words of Affirmation
R- 6
S- 7

"This language uses words to affirm other people" <--- that was detailed...

The similarities in this test killed me. Like the fact that our top three answers are fairly the same. Ry's also a note leaver and always encourages me with what he says. Guy has the right thing to say, always.

Receiving Gifts
R- 5
S - 3

"For some people, what makes them feel most loved is to receive a gift."

I love thoughtful gifts, don't get me wrong, but my favorite thing to do is give someone a well-thought out gift or surprise. Ry's also a super good gift-giver, so I wonder if he feels that same way...

Physical Touch
R- 3
S - 3

I don't really have anything to say here. I love hugs and being affectionate, but I don't need that to feel loved. I know I'm loved without that, if that makes sense?
 
What is your love language??
Also, FOUR #daystilRyishome

No comments:

Post a Comment