Wednesday, September 9, 2015

If You're Reading This, I Survived.

YAY! My most favorite first day of school, ever was yesterday. And I really mean ever. I got to school at about 7:47 (two minutes later than I planned, which made me panic a whole lot.) The whole place was packed with people: kids, parents, teachers, I'm sure some randoms were there, too. It was nuts.

I ran upstairs to my classroom, chatted briefly with my mentor teacher and then tons of kids and parents just started rolling in. Many were confused about the idea of a classroom having two teachers (just like I was) and many kept looking my way suspiciously. I'm sure they thought I was in the fifth grade. Maybe I just had something all over my face. Who knows.

Anyway, the whole day flew by, tons of procedural stuff and 'get to know your classmates' activities. I shared a little bag of things that helped them get to know me and they asked tons of questions about Ruby (my horse) which was fun. The kids earned an afternoon recess where they asked me to play basketball with them. I love basketball and all, but no thank you to spending the rest of the day in grossness. So I watched.

Overall, it was a solid day. No tears from anyone in our class! And we even had a new student add late bringing our new total to 35... Lord help us...

I'm only going in mornings for the rest of the week, so I'm sure I'll miss plenty of exciting things, which makes me really sad. But, I'm happy to have my first day of school in the books and really looking forward to the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment