Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fears I Have About Student Teaching

Teaching is something I've wanted to grow up and do for the last twelve years of my life. So, while I'm super excited that this time next week I'll start student teaching in my little classroom, I'm also terrified. And here's why.

1. Fifth graders can be rough. And I'm not a rough person.

2. Gum being placed in my chair. Or thumbtacks. Anything awful.

3. That I'll get stage fright, at any time.

4. That I'll forget to wake up and miss the whole day, or the whole week.

5. That I'll forget someone's name.

6. That I can't make the cut and won't actually be a teacher (biggest sad face of life inserted here...)

7. That I won't be able to find my classroom and will spend hours roaming the halls.

8. That I won't remember anything I've learned over the last three years.

9. That others will outshine me.

10. That I'll worry too much...


Anyway, now that I've got that out of the way, check back in a week to see how it actually goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment