Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Empty Days

I'll be completely honest with you guys, I have no idea what to write about today. This whole week has been strange. Have you ever noticed that when you really don't wanna think about something and you put all of your effort into not thinking about that one thing, that the thing becomes what you're consumed with?

Well, that's how I feel about my teeth, which I talked about on Monday. Thankfully, I think that they're starting to get a little bit better, but maybe I'm just getting used to it. Or maybe this sensitivity toothpaste is just numbing my whole face. We'll see.

On Monday I went into my student teaching classroom for the first time (yay!) and met my amazing mentor teachers. They co-teach because they have young ones at home (so so cute, I love that this option was available for them) They're just really excited and so happy about the school year and instantly upon meeting them most of my fears just flew out the door. Still, I've been thinking about this little quote a lot lately regarding the upcoming school year... senior year is gonna be a doozy.



Yesterday was definitely a lazy lazy day. I slept in until 11 (which I never ever ever ever do), cleaned my new room, did some laundry and some dishes, and just relaxed. It was a strange feeling, having nothing to do. But, I looked at all of the important dates I have coming up and put them in my planner. Sidenote: I'm a planner girl, and writing things down is my jam... never before have I been as in love with a planner as I am with this thing. It's big (8.5x11) and each week has a two page spread, with a section for notes. Plussss, it color coordinates with my favorite pen... If you need a huge planner, I recommend checking out At-A-Glance. [Note to say that this sounds really infomercial-esque, sorry- I'm just a girl that loves my planner. And no, this planner (very very sadly) wasn't given to me in exchange for my opinion. I just love it! I wouldn't turn down future planners though... planner people where you at?]


Important Things Coming up in the Planner. 
Ryan comes home - 22 days
One year with Ryan - 64 days 
Graduation (adulthood!) - 283 days 

Today I woke up bright and early, filled out some applications and printed up some resumes and walked into the world with the goal of getting a job to supplement my life.  I walked into eight places in two hours, bought a cup of coffee at a coffee shop because inquiring about jobs at a coffee shop without buying coffee is weird to me, and nothing. Nada! So, that's got me stressin' a little. But, like my dad said: If it works out, great! If it doesn't, it'll work out...

I hope you guys are having a great week. Tell me about your Wednesday?

Also, kitten update! We're down to three! Cheetoh (renamed Harry), Goopy (renamed Potter), and Goose (renamed Blue) all have found new homes! We're down to one light grey kitten and the two female tabbies, and they're hopefuly off to new homes soon too!

Linking up with Best of Baby for Ladies Collective Linkup and The Awesome Life Friday Link Up

No comments:

Post a Comment