Friday, September 18, 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

I was nominated to do this post by Liz over at Sundays with Sophie. Funny story, try as I may I'm pretty terrible at keeping up with all of the blogs I love and so I'll go weeks without reading and then will spend hours catching up. That's just how it goes with me.

I was skimming really really old posts of Liz's guys, like it's kinda embarrassing how old the posts I was reading were... and then I accidentally refreshed and found out she nominated me for this. Who knows if I would've noticed otherwise!!



So what are the rules? Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Write a post to show your award
Attach the award to the post
Give a brief story of how your blog started
Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide a link to the award post you created (You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you)

How the blog started |
Quite honestly, I just love documenting life. I write letters to myself to find in the future, I have a five year one sentence a day journal, I save everything- and I just loved reading blogs. So, I wanted to see if I could keep up with writing one. I've almost quit probably a million times, but so far still going! It's been...four months now? My ultimate goal is to document the important things and be able to share it with those close to me in the future and look back on all  of the fun stuff I did.

Advice to new bloggers |
Don't panic about your niche. I honestly think this is stressed too much, and I'm so glad I decided to give up on figuring out where I belong in the blogging world. Because just as no one will ask you to pick one 'type' of person to be, nobody will tell you that your blog can't talk about cooking and Jesus and clothes and polka dots. So blog about whatever makes you happy and people will love it just because they love you!

Also, I'd just suggest that you do linkups when you can, but don't feel like you haveee to blog. When I try to blog every day just 'to blog' my posts are awful and it's not fun. Post when you're excited and happy or when you feel that you just absolutely need to for you, nobody will notice if you skip a Thursday because you have a life, hon.


and who I'm nominating |
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment