Monday, August 17, 2015

When Life Hands You Zucchini...

 
I don't know why I've been on such a baking kick lately, but I have. And I regret nothing. My mom taught me from early on that if you're going to make something at home it should be with the best most natural ingredients you can find, and that's what I do. So how bad can baked goods be if they're whole wheat, right? Right.
 
Our neighbor brought down a giant ol' zucchini on my day off and since I had nothing else to do except catch up on the blog and play with kittens... I baked. Zucchini bread is my go-to zucchini food. And in the country in the summer if you don't already have tons of zucchini in your garden (if you have a garden) then the neighbors are bringing the stuff by in droves...
 
So, we'll make zucchini bread today and be glad.
 
My zucchini bread recipe that's always changing. Always.
 
3 cups all whole wheat purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
3 tsp organic cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce, OR 2 tablespoons chia seeds & 6 tablespoons water, OR 2 eggs.
2 sticks of butter
2 1/4 cups organic cane sugar.
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated fresh zucchini.
 

Step One.

Preheat your oven to 325 and then butter & flour your bread pans, and your counter, and your hands, and your clothes... and basically anything else that's nearby because this step is always the messiest.


 

Step Two.

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl.
 
 

Step Three.

No pictures for this because that part of the kitchen isn't clear enough... beat applesauce OR chia mix OR eggs with butter vanilla and sugar. Add flour mixture slowly. Grate 2 cups of zucchini and stir in.
 

Step Four.

Put into pans.

Step Five.

Put pans into preheated oven, pace and wait for 40-60 minutes or until fork poked in the middle of that deliciousness comes out clean.

Step Six.

Cool in pan for 20 minutes and then eat as much as you can before anyone else gets home. Or wait and share, it's up to you.


Happy Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment