Monday, August 24, 2015

God Is My Planner


A few weeks ago when I was at my school house for the day I walked to meet Ry for lunch. While I was walking I heard construction a few streets over and I started really thinking about that house. I wondered who would live there and when their house would be done. I wondered what it looked like and how they'd decorate it. I wondered what the plan was for that house.

I started thinking about all of the things that I don't understand about this life, and all of the things I'm unaware of that are going on all around me that ultimately will affect my life. Three years ago I would've never predicted that the opportunity to be an RA would present itself to me and help me through college, that I'd be in such a great relationship, or that I'd be this close to finishing my college education. So, of course there's no way for me to predict where I'll be another three years from now.

Proverbs 16:9 says "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." We think we're the ones in control of our lives (believe me, I like to be in control...) but we're really not. God is our planner, and he's guiding us the entire time.

All of these things and all of the things to come, I believe, are pre-orchestrated by God. And then my thoughts went back to that house. What if that house was for me? I wouldn't know? But if it was, and somewhere I believe that God has a plan for where I'm to eventually live, He's working on it. What about my future job? He's working on my future classroom so that when I'm ready and it's the right time, that job will be available for me. He's chosen the students that will be in my classroom, the things that they will learn, and the ways that I will connect with them.

And that's just so amazing to me, it's so incredible that I can live my life day to day and not notice all of these amazing things that are going on around me all the time. Even when I'm not directly recognizing a blessing coming my way, there is always a blessing. Always.

Proverbs 3:5 & 6 says "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." God has my future already planned and I just have to trust that He knows the best way for it to unfold for me.

This post has been linked up with Naomi from What Joy of Mine for Mondays Musings and Kelly from A Field of Wild Flowers for the Small Wonder Link Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment