Monday, August 31, 2015

Blessings

I know things have been bright and cheery (for the most part) over here lately, but honestly this summer has been a doozy. I mentioned a few times that at the beginning of July I found out I had to get tons of dental work done. Tons. So, we got it all done. Fillings, Cleanings, a bridge.. it was a lot. I had about an appointment a week, sometimes two, for a little over a month.

Of course, sensitivity happens with fillings. It just does, but my mouth has been super sensitive for the past month and a half and my jaws have ached more than ever in life. Luckily the jaw part is starting to get better. Now I also have wisdom teeth coming in, but my mouth just isn't happy.

I've gone to get my bite adjusted three times to see if the discomfort will go away, it doesn't. I've gone to get second opinions and I'm told everything looks fine. I've used sensitive toothpaste. I've tried changing how I close my mouth. I've tried essential oils. I've avoided foods that weren't room temperature. It's been a rough month.

This weekend was probably the worst because the stress of all of that just unleashed. I'm panicked thinking there's something wrong with my teeth and I'm angry that nobody can figure out why on earth it all just feels so wrong. I never had pain before going to get my teeth fixed, and that just frustrates me so much (although I know I needed the work done...)

So while I was driving home, overthinking all of this as I often do... and stressed because school is starting... and angry because this year is my student teaching year and I want to be so excited for that but I can't because I'm so concerned about my mouth and don't have time to go back to the dentist that's two hours away... this song came on.

 
 
I've heard this song a lot, but for some reason (probably all the stress) tonight it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I bawled my eyes out driving down the road. I don't know what's going on in life, at all, but I know that I'll be okay. Worst case scenario, without teeth, but still okay.
 
And I know that there are much bigger problems in the world, and probably in the lives of the 2.5 people who read my tiny little blog, and I hope that you know that you'll be okay too.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment