Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Psalm 103:2

Psalm 103:2 - NIV
"Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits."

Bless the Lord, oh my soul, oh my soul, worship His holy name. Sing like never before, oh my soul, I'll worship Your holy name.

Something about this verse, and these words, always gets my heart.

Praise the Lord, oh my soul.
The Lord is always, always, worthy of praise- down to the very beginning of who we are. Everything I am loves the Lord and desires to serve the Lord. With my whole entire life and my whole entire soul.

And forget not all His benefits.
Even in the bad times, God is worthy of praise. Everything is spun together by God for the good of us, and the good of the world. We don't understand anything, even though we try to gain understanding in everything that we do. And the hard times will eventually lead to good. Always.

And that's hard, to realize that you're wrong, and that you don't have answers, especially for people who need control (ahem, myself) but we can't forget the benefits. His benefits. Definitely better than any other benefits the world can offer.

I am not perfect. You are not perfect. We can never be perfect. No matter how hard you try, or whatever you do, you will always come up short. Always. But Jesus shows us that this is okay, that we are beautiful even in our imperfects and we are loved because of our flaws. And that makes me want to sing and rejoice and release all of my control seeking burdens.

You are beautiful, and you are loved.
Praise The Lord, forget not all His benefits.

xo Sammy




No comments:

Post a Comment