Monday, July 27, 2015

My Best Friend's Wedding

Hey everybody! I haven't shared much about it, but in less than one month my best friend in the entire world will become a Mrs! Lex has been my best friend since birth because our parents were close friends (my dad was in her parents wedding, and now I'm going to be in hers... which is kind of cool!) Anyway, as a MOH I've been working on tons of things which thankfully I can share here since not many people know about the blog.

1. MOH gift

Lex's bridal shower is this coming Sunday (yay!) and I saw this idea on Pinterest of course and made it a real thing! The actual book hasn't arrived yet, but I'm so excited for it to get here!


I contacted some friends, her future in-laws, her parents, her future husband- everyone I could think of! Anyway, I'm so excited for it to get here and can't wait for her to see all of the letters and pictures from so many people who love her.

2. Wedding Hair

I'm not sure which of these styles to pick, but I'm leaning more toward the bun styles. My dress is below, and I'm thinking because it's a one shoulder having my hair up might be better for the dress. Also, it's an outdoor wedding in August... so... it would probably be much cooler too.
 
The Dress:

in this color, with a purple band. Also, cowboy boots... I love my best friend and her wedding decisions. She's seriously a genius and so adorable.
 
Hair Inspiration:
I like the side braid thing, and the wispiness of this look.
 
I love the braid on top look of this, but I don't want too much poof on top.
 
 I love the chunky braid look of this
 
This one might be my favorite, probably because it's the closest to my own hair color and I can actually visualize it. I love that it looks effortless, but also complex.
 

3. Bachelorette Party?


Does anyone have any ideas for a low-key bachelorette party? We can't do a long-term getaway because our schedules are all so crazy. I was thinking maybe a girl's night, or dinner and drinks? I'm a little at a loss, though. I've tried to plan and none of us have come up with anything, but I don't want her to miss out at all!
 

4. MOH Speech Advice

If you've been a MOH, or have given a toast/speech at a wedding, any advice? I don't want to leave out anything important or miss anything... help would be appreciated!
 

5. The Countdown...

6 days until the Bridal Shower!
24 days until the Wedding!
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment