Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Matthew 6:1



Scripture:
"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." - Matthew 6:1 NIV

Observation:
"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of other to be seen by them" - It's important not to do Godly things and be a good person for worldly approval. I want to work hard to be a good person for the Lord, and be strong and work hard for my faith for God's approval. I want others to notice that something is different in me and find God through their own path.

"If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." - If I'm seeking the reward of acceptance and approval from the world, I will not receive the reward of Heaven. This is heavy and it should be. I need to constantly remember to seek God, not the world.

Application:
I've been meaning to start waking up early to read my Bible and spend time in the word regularly again, but my schedule has not been very supportive of that (early mornings and late nights) so, I'm going to try and take additional steps to really focus on my verse a day and think about what I can work on in my own life to better myself for God's good.

Prayer:Lord, you know what I can work on and you know what's important to me. Help me to focus on being good and following your word for You, and not for others. Help me to see what You're working on in me and help me to be willing to follow your Path. Help me to receive the reward You have for me, and for everyone, in Heaven, and to ignore the world. Thank you for all that You have blessed me with, and all that You will continue to bless me with.




No comments:

Post a Comment