Monday, June 1, 2015

Highs and Lows of May

Well, I don't know about you guys but for me May feels like it FLEW by. And it's been a pretty crazy month. I don't know what it is about springtime, but I feel like everything feels ten times more stressful when it happens in the spring. Maybe that's because I've always been in school and the end of the year is a little nuts. Who knows.

I like to reflect a lot, to think about how things went and how they could've gone better, it's just what I do. I've decided something new I'm going to do here is reflect, monthly (if I remember...) about the highs and the lows I've experienced. I think it'll be good for me to see what I'm viewing as positive, and what I'm viewing as negative- and try to find the bright spots even in the gloomy days.

This might seem a little daunting, thirty days is a lottt to remember off of the top of your head. But, luckily for me I've been using a one sentence journal, found here, for over a year now to keep track of my days. Whole journal writing is a little overwhelming for me, and this once a day for five years style is much more to my liking. And it's definitely coming in handy for looking back on my days for random reasons - like this post!

Highs

  • Had an interview for my summer job (and GOT it)
  • Went golfing with friends for the first time in over a year (fun, even though  I hit a house...)
  • Checked off six months of dating with Ry
  • Went to the movies a few times (I never ever go to the movies)
  • Went hiking on a sunny day
  • Had my first orientation meeting for the Education program I'm entering next year
  • Toured and applied for theeee most beautiful house I've ever seen that I will be blessed to live in next year
  • My horse competed in her first show EVER and we didn't score lower than third place in any class. Yay!

Lows

  • Our original housing plans fell through (buuuut we found an even BETTER house)
  • Work was overall very stressful (but, I'll be done in a few short weeks, and challenges build a better person sometimes)
  • Lots of school stress as the year was winding down, but if you're reading this - I guess I survived!


If you don't keep track of the highs in your life, I really suggest you do. It's so easy to lose sight of the things you're blessed with, and having these little reminders makes it easier to overlook the negative.

What was your favorite part of May?

No comments:

Post a Comment