I like to reflect a lot, to think about how things went and how they could've gone better, it's just what I do. I've decided something new I'm going to do here is reflect, monthly (if I remember...) about the highs and the lows I've experienced. I think it'll be good for me to see what I'm viewing as positive, and what I'm viewing as negative- and try to find the bright spots even in the gloomy days.
This might seem a little daunting, thirty days is a lottt to remember off of the top of your head. But, luckily for me I've been using a one sentence journal, found here, for over a year now to keep track of my days. Whole journal writing is a little overwhelming for me, and this once a day for five years style is much more to my liking. And it's definitely coming in handy for looking back on my days for random reasons - like this post!
- Had an interview for my summer job (and GOT it)
- Went golfing with friends for the first time in over a year (fun, even though I hit a house...)
- Checked off six months of dating with Ry
- Went to the movies a few times (I never ever go to the movies)
- Went hiking on a sunny day
- Had my first orientation meeting for the Education program I'm entering next year
- Toured and applied for theeee most beautiful house I've ever seen that I will be blessed to live in next year
- My horse competed in her first show EVER and we didn't score lower than third place in any class. Yay!
- Our original housing plans fell through (buuuut we found an even BETTER house)
- Work was overall very stressful (but, I'll be done in a few short weeks, and challenges build a better person sometimes)
- Lots of school stress as the year was winding down, but if you're reading this - I guess I survived!
If you don't keep track of the highs in your life, I really suggest you do. It's so easy to lose sight of the things you're blessed with, and having these little reminders makes it easier to overlook the negative.