Friday, June 5, 2015

Five on Friday

Ohh Fridays... normally, Friday is my favorite day of the week. I don't have class, I get to ride, it's the weekend, and did I mention I don't have class? But this Friday is bittersweet. This is my last Friday as an RA, my last Friday living on campus, my last Friday here at school for a long time. Hmph. Still, I'm excited for summer and not being so pale and for a break from school. Here are some other things that are on my mind lately...

One. - Student Teaching Placement

I received my student teaching placement! The school is perfect and adorable and I wish I could tell you all of the things that I absolutely love about it but you probably aren't as excited about this random school as I am, and that's okay! Just know that it looks like every perfect elementary school you've seen in every movie, ever. And I'm so excited to student teach there.

Two. - Hard Times & The Right Words

My friends are going through some difficult times right now, and I'm having trouble figuring out what to say that can help them. I feel like I never ever have the right words to say to make a situation better, and I want to be able to do that. My goal is to focus on consciously asking the Holy Spirit to guide me in my days and to give me the right words to say in all situations. Because I cannot form adequate sentences on my own. No way.

Three. - The Money Struggle.

Next year is going to be a busy one for me: no job, rent, bills, student teaching, etc. I'm working this summer quite a bit to save up money for that time, buuuut I'm definitely going to need self control to make sure that I'm actually saving that money and using it wisely so that it holds me over until next June.

Four. - Relationships

The summer is going to take me at least two hours away from Ry, my friends, etc., and that makes me really sad. Of course, I'll be closer to other friends because I'll be back home, but I'm not excited about leaving my usual ones. Not a fan of change, guys. I just really hope that I'm able to have time to come visit everyone and that everything goes smoothly this summer.

Five. - Loveology.

I finished Loveology in one day. More specifically, two hours. It's such a good book and answers so many hard hitting questions without making you feel like you're being lectured at. I particularly loved the sections that talked about dealing with temptation, marriages/relationships having a goal/focus to help serve the Kingdom of God, and the parts about the difficulty of waiting for things, and the realization that God is there in the waiting with you. I highly recommend this book, for men and women alike, even though it is reallyyy pink- which apparently is an issue for some men.

So that's what's on my mind.
Happy Friday!

 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting about your student teaching placement! I feel you on the money struggle...I need to get my spending under control to save for the wedding, buying a house, and travel! Ugh. But the clothes call to me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete