Monday, June 8, 2015

Faith is There.



She Reads Truth, literally the best homepage I've ever had. Ever. Better than Google. Who needs Google when you've got an instant daily dose of Jesus. Since it's finals week, Monday of finals week to be exact, I didn't want to get too heavy with a blog post today. So, I wanted to share this thought I found from an old devotional on She Reads Truth from Hebrews.

"Faith is more than raising up your hands and praising God for when things work out the way you wanted them to. Faith steps in during those quiet moments of doubt. When it doesn’t make sense, faith is there."

Christians don't want to admit when they are struggling with their faith. But, if we were honest with ourselves and others, I think that we would find that we all struggle sometimes. We question what we believe. I think that's healthy, and that how you react when you find yourself doubting is what really matters.

This quote really spoke to me, as someone who doubts sometimes. Faith is not when you're in church with your hands raised. Faith is not thanking God for the good. Faith is the belief that even in the bad, God is up to good, and praising Him in our darkest moments. It's trusting that even when you're struggling, God is up to something. Because He's always up to something.

Faith is what pulls us out of those doubtful moments. Otherwise, we'd stay in the doubt and wouldn't believe. Faith pulls us out. When we remind ourselves of what's true and what's right, and remember all of the good things our Father has provided for us.

When life doesn't make sense, faith is what tells us it'll all be okay.

Like this post, which I intended to be a lighthearted share of thought. It's finals week, the biggest struggle of a college student's academic year, and so many things are uncertain about the next few months, and yes- I've doubted even recently. But I know that it'll all be okay, I trust with my whole heart that God will provide.

Happy Monday.






Faith and Fellowship Blog Hop

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy, I went over to she reads truth. this devotional is beautiful . Thanks for sharing.
    All the best with your finals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the devotional! And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Of course, thank you for reading/commenting!

      Delete
  3. Very well said. She Reads Truth is one of my favorite sites, too. I'm currently struggling with feelings and questions regarding a recent health diagnosis, but I'm trying my best to trust and remain faithful in His plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the answers you need. I know everyone says that it'll all work out, but it really will, and I know you'll find that to be true.

      Delete