Friday, June 19, 2015

5 on Friday

Wooo, first week of new job = done after today! Almost, technically I still work Saturday... Anyway, because I've been so busy I haven't had much time to do anything by myself... bummer. Yesterday though I was able to chill until I had to leave for work at 2. Two! So weird to work later in the day. Anyway, here's what I did with my lazy morning...

1. TLC.

 

I'm nowhere near my wedding/marriage days. But, I love every TLC wedding show. Four Weddings, Say Yes To The Dress, you name it! I spent a largeeee portion of my morning watching whatever came on TLC.

2. Jeff & Alyssa Bethke!

 
I didn't know about Jeff Bethe until Ry started talking about him. He's written some great Christian books and his daughter (Kinsley) is ADORABLE. The. Cutest. Baby. Anyway, Jeff and his wife (Alyssa) have a vlog that basically lets you follow along in their adorable life in Hawaii, even though they're originally from the PNW.

I spent the morning watching their vlog. This week, they talked about a chalkboard wall they created in the entry to their home to share verses and truths of God. Newest 'home goal' for my own house someday.

3. Catching Up On Saved Posts

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I scroll through Bloglovin' in the morning I don't have enough time to read alllll of the updates from the blogs that I follow. And I love that Bloglovin' has this save feature that lets me come back to visit those posts I didn't finish (or didn't even get to...)

One - You Can Be Fearful - Stephanie Orefice
Is there anything this woman writes that isn't beautiful?! I started reading this post before work and was so so sad that I couldn't finish it. So glad when I did. These words are so true. Read, read, read! Favorite part - "I’m finally at a place where I’m learning that God says DO NOT BE AFRAID because THINGS ARE SOMETIMES SCARY!" I mean seriously, how did I not think of this before? It's so simple, but nope... never heard it that way. Love. So much love.
 
Two - Favorite Trader Joe's Picks - Design Love Fest
I LOVE TRADER JOES. If you don't know what that is, I feel so so bad for you. It's basically a grocery store of awesome - good food, flowers, and the sample shack? Thank you Lord for Trader Joe's. I love this post because it recommends some things I've (surprisingly) never tried, and a few recipes to make. Always looking for simple dinners for next year. Also, a blog I don't usually read.

Three -  Second Time Chinos - Coffee. Clothes. Repeat.
I've been spending a lot of time trying to buy clothes for student teaching next yea. Anddd I've been looking into chinos! Now, I don't know if I can pull them off, and I refuse to buy things I can't wear in different settings, but if these work out I think they'd be a great professional/casual compromise piece.

4.  Stayed in my PJs until 2. Two!

And it was great. I regret nothing.

5. Looked up the website of my student teaching school

Because I want to earn everything I can about that adorable little school before I get there!

Happy Friday!



All images on this blog post belong to their respective owners, not me. Enjoy their beautiful images and let them know that you do! If these images belong to you and you would like them removed or information altered, contact me!






 


2 comments:

  1. Gonna go check out that Trader Joe's post! I LOVE TJ's! I also love wedding shows and staying in my pajamas as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trader Joe's is definitely the best!

      Delete