Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Girl Behind The Blog - 5 Things You Don't Know

Happy Thursday! I figured we should get to know each other a little bit better and so I'd like to formally (ha, like anything's formal around here...) introduce The Girl Behind The Blog, aka me! So, this post is dedicated to five things that I'm sure you don't know about me, or don't know a lot about.

1. I'm addicted to Instagram.



  

 I love Instagram, and seeing snapshots into the lives of people I care about. Facebook and Twitter might be cluttered with a million different kinds of videos and pictures and lengthy paragraph status updates, but not Instagram. Instagram is always short, sweet, and to the point.

Also, apparently I never posted this photo on Instagram. But I find it hilarious that I was going to dedicate an entire collage to my love for this shirt. I mean,  do really love this shirt (American Eagle in general)

I also apologize for the duck face. I don't even know. Sheesh, Sammy from a year ago...

 

2. I golf, and I'm terrible at it!




My brother is a really great golfer, and one day he asked me if I wanted to go with him. I decided to go, and we had a lot of fun, but I'm terrible. I think that nowadays they bring me because I'm guaranteed to be the worst one on the course, and nobody else in the group has to lose.

I haven't played consistently, just off and on a handful of times over the last year, but I don't think I've improved. At all. Last week we went to play nine holes and I hit a house. A house. Thankfully, I didn't damage (or gosh, break!) anything, but sheesh... talk about embarrassing.

At the end of the day though, I think golf I fun, it's an easy way to get in a lot of walking, and I get to spend time with my brother.

  

 

3. I love to bake!

 
 
 
Not sure when I started baking, but over the years I've been doing it a lot. I love making chocolate chip cookies, muffins, cheesecakes, brownies, fudge- you name it.

It gets pretty overwhelming in the summer time when we've got a billion containers of blackberries around and I'm making blackberry syrup, pie, crisp, etc. But, at the end of the day baking is still a stress reliever of sorts.

I really like experimenting with recipes to adapt them to fit peoples dietary needs. Often substituting things in tried and true recipes turns out terribly, but sometimes it works out, and that's always exciting.

4. How I spent my 21st birthday


The day before my birthday I rode my horse with my mom, and Ry sat with my dad in freezing cold December temperatures. Afterward, we went to dinner with my entire family.

My actual birthday was Monday of finals week. I didn't have finals, so I spent the day hanging out. My residents made me brownie, bought me coffee and a mug, and Ry got me a beautiful new Bible and took me to dinner.

Despite what the stereotypes tell you about college students, I didn't drink. Ever. I've had a drink since turning 21, but it's not something I really plan to do in the future. While some people might not understand why I choose not to drink, so far I'm not regretting the decision!

5. Hawaii


 

I went to Hawaii with my family for Spring Break and I still don't think I've fully processed how I feel about the whole trip. My family never ever goes on vacation, and the decision to go was really surprising.

Ry is from Hawaii (lucky duck...) and so he went too and it was great to have all of my favorite people in one place. The weather was beautiful (because it's Hawaii, where it's never ever terrible.) and it was just a really amazing experience.

Someday, most likely super far in the future, I'd love to go back. And hopefully this time I won't burn as bad. Wear sunscreen, folks, especially if you're as pale as me. Thirty minutes the first day was all it took. Yikes.




 
 
 
What are five things most people don't know about you? Are you obsessed with Instagram, baking, or golf? What was your favorite vacation? Tell me what I don't know!

2 comments:

  1. I am so pale...I went to Hawaii in 6th grade and got a HORRIBLE burn. Instagram is my favorite social media platform by far! I like mini golf! I'd be way too bad at real golf to ever like it, I'm sure. I also like to bake, but never have ingredients on hand so I rarely do it (because I'd have to purposely buy it). Plus I'd eat it all. :) I drink, but very rarely! I just don't feel like drinking every weekend, or having a glass of wine with dinner every weeknight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom was after me to stay covered up once I started to get burnt and I STILL fried. Next time, I'll wear sunscreen, or go when I'm already a little tan. You should try golf! It's fun on smaller courses and with friends who won't make fun of your abilities!
      I'm blessed with a family that always has a stocked kitchen, so baking is mainly what I do at home for now, and my brother will buy ingredients if he wants me to make something for him to eat, which is nice!

      Delete