Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Bad Day Box

Lately, my boyfriend has been really stressed. The end of the school year is difficult for everyone, but his load has been really heavy (especially this week) and as a result, he's getting worn down. So, I decided to see what I could do to help cheer him up. And thanks to Pinterest and some quick Google searching I was able to come up with the perfect idea -

The Bad Day Box!

 
  I decided to take an old Toms shoe box (perfect size - not too big, not too small) and fill it full of Ry's favorite things, little notes, and other encouragement! I covered the outside of the box in bright yellow paper (because yellow is happy, darn it!) and wrote positive notes on each side.
 


    I wanted him to know the second he had this box in his hands that he's loved and supported. I chose to write 'I know you can do it!', 'Keep your head up!', 'You are loved.' and 'I believe in you!' on the sides of his box, but you can literally write whatever you want: inside jokes, nicknames, cover the whole thing with hearts and glitter - you choose.
 
   I threw a quick note on the top of the tissue paper, because I know if I put this thing inside somewhere he might not see it. Everyone knows you've gotta read the card (or yellow note) first, right?
   Then came the fun stuff (yay!) I chose to do five things in his 'Bad Day Box'

1. Candy- because sometimes stress leads to snacks, and there's nothing wrong with that! I tossed in some of his favorites - Butterfinger, Crunch, Skittles, Chips Ahoy cookies, and some Trident watermelon gum.

2. A coffee gift card to the nearest place for a last-minute caffeine fix.

3. A few study supplies he might need at the last minute and not want to get- index cards and page marking post it dealies (what is the official name of those? flags?)

4. Some short notes attached  to pictures of us (one silly, one serious) that I know he likes. I even found an old 'Open when you need cheering up' letter I intended to give him during Christmas time that I forgot and put that in there too!

5. Bible verses that could lend encouragement on bad days - Philippians 4, Psalm 28:7, 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18, Jeremiah 29: 11-12, and 1 Peter 5:7. I wrote these on scrapbook paper in the shape of hearts, but as I mentioned before- customize it however you want!

 
   I'm planning to give the box to him today, so we'll see how it goes! I hope it cheers him up.
 
Have you ever given a 'Bad Day Box' similar to this one? What'd you put in there?
 

 
Dolen Diaries

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I totally want to do this now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It took thirty minutes and maybeeee $10. :)

      Delete