Friday, May 15, 2015

Joy

Lately, joy has been on my heart a lot. I know that I live a beautiful life and have many reasons to experience joy, and thank God for all of the blessings that he's given to me. I know that I don't deserve these wonderful things.

Yesterday, I came across a daily devotional website called She Reads Truth. This website is great. There are instagram style square icons that greet you on the SRT homepage, inviting you to click one and join them in whatever current reading plan is going on. Right now, their plan is focusing on the fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control) Day three's fruit was joy.

 
Guys, I highly suggest you read Day 3. They're only through day five right now, but if you read nothing. else. Please, read this. Each word was beautiful, and meant so much to my heart, but the following section really tugged at me.
 
"We are commanded time and time again in Scripture to “rejoice,” “be joyful” and even consider trials as “pure joy.” Why? Because Jesus is always, always worthy of our rejoicing. If we label our lives as joyless, it is due to our misplaced hope and pleasure in things of the world rather than the joy of our salvation."
 
Wow. I wrote in my journal after reading this, "Focusing on the negative and being upset about our lack of joy in this world is ignoring His goodness." I don't know about you all, but the very last thing I want to be doing with my time here on earth is ignoring God's grace. Even if this life has absolutely no joy, no happiness, nothing to look forward to for you (which I sincerely hope it doesn't) you still have joy in God.
 
Like I mentioned, I highly recommend She Reads Truth. I've set it as my homepage, and plan to write about their posts in the future. Let me know if you read it.
 
Happy Friday! xoxo
 
 
 
 

Faith and Fellowship Blog Hop

 

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautifully put! I love it. Love that verse, too, and am looking forward to reading the entire article today! :) Thanks for sharing!

    xo

    ReplyDelete