Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Growing Up Is Hard

 
   I have never in my twenty-one years of life felt this phrase to be more true than I do in this very moment. In one month I will have officially finished my junior year of college, student teaching next year, and I'm so worried about the future it's ridiculous. I'm so excited to see what's in store for the years to come, and I know that life will work out one way or another, but I feel like there are all these different directions I could go and I don't want to think about it all.
 
   I know that I want to teach, I have for my entire life, but I also know that I could be happy doing other things if I need to. I love my home in the PNW, but could I also move somewhere else? What if I get married? What if I don't? It's all really ridiculous to be worrying about now, because I know I have time, but I am worrying.

    Today, three of my friends and I found out that the four bedroom house we thought we were going to be renting next year is not going to happen. We were told to contact the rental company in mid-may (i.e. now) but when I emailed this morning I was told they wouldn't have anything available this summer. When my friend contacted the same company later today, she was offered to be placed on the waiting list. I'm just so confused and angry about the whole situation, and I hate that I have to feel that way.
 
    So now I'm worried about that too.
    And I just don't want to grow up.
     But, I know God has a plan, and that worrying won't solve anything.
 
So, hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a great update.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment