Monday, May 18, 2015

Dear Future Me,


 Right now, you sit in the third dorm room you've ever called home. It's mid-May, which means summer is soon approaching and one year from now you'll be gearing up for graduation. Wow. I just want you to know that no matter what happens a month from now, a year from now, or twenty years from now you'll be okay. That your dreams will come true, even if you discover new dreams, and that your life will be something you absolutely adore.

By this time next year, I hope you're happy. I hope you've loved the student teaching process, that you've been able to spend as much time as possible with your family and Ruby, and that you're excited about the future- not scared. I pray that you're making decisions using more of your heart and less of your head, and that whatever path you're on is where you really want to be. I pray that you listen to yourself.

I pray that you realize no matter what direction your life is heading, that that path is being guided by God. He has a plan that will far exceed any plan you have for your life to take, and even if it doesn't make sense to you now - it will. Enjoy being nudged out of your comfort zone and brought into new experiences, don't hold back. Be brave, take chances, share your faith.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" - Jeremiah 29:11

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all of your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3: 5-6

I pray that you've given 110% in everything that you've done and don't have anything to look back on with regret. I hope you've taken days to do nothing and relax when you've needed to. I hope you've eaten better, but kept going on those ice cream dates. I hope that you've made time for your friends and had people over for dinner. I pray that you've smiled more than you've been down.

And I hope that wherever life takes you after this next year, that you go with all of your heart.



4 comments:

  1. I love this. I hope your year ahead is all of these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this. I choked up a little while reading it because I remember what it was like to see the end of college in sight and beginning to hope and plan for the future. That last year will go sooooo fast. Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a strange time of life, comparable to graduating high school but still so much different. In high school I always knew college would follow, with this I know that hopefully I'll get a job, but there's a lot more uncertainty, as I'm sure you can understand. I'm definitely looking forward to it, though.

      Delete