Monday, May 25, 2015

A Grateful Heart - Linkup

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. I hope today is a day well spent for you, however you spend it! Holidays like this always get me thinking about the things I'm grateful for, big and small alike! So what better Monday to join in on the Grateful Heart linkup by ember grey!

I'm grateful for. . .

1. Sunny days - Living in the PNW, it rains. A lot. Like 379 days out of the year a lot, and yes I realize there aren't even that many days in the year. So, I really appreciate the days that I can wear capris or (gasp) shorts without freezing to death.

2. Coffee - I have the weirdest schedule this term and I so appreciate the cheery baristas (I was one, but I still can't get over how happy each barista I've ever encountered is) and their ability to give me amazing coffee on the craziest of days.

3. God's grace - At my Tuesday night college group last week we talked about God's love for us despite our lack of perfection. I've read a lot of things lately about our need to feel like we're worthy of God's love. I struggle with this a lot and didn't realize it until recently, so hearing those reassuring messages that no matter what, I'm good enough, has been really great for my heart. One of the messages that sticks out to me on this topic is over at She Reads Truth. Their current study is about fruits of the spirit, and the faithfulness post was beautiful.

4. The opportunities I've been given - It overwhelms me when I think about all of the things I've been able to do in my short life, and all of the things that I will do. I've been so blessed and I can't even thank God and everyone who has been part of my life so far.

5. Colorful pens - Because sometimes classes are a struggle, but colorful notes make everything better. Colorful pens are basically the key to my future teacher heart.


Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey


How are you spending Memorial Day?
What are you grateful for?

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Love this list! So much to be grateful for, even the small things like coffee and fun pens! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It really is all about the little things in life! :)

      Delete
  2. I always say - even the small things can make a difference, like colored pens ;) Sometimes I'll even bribe myself (usually to get up early in the morning) with a new coffee mug or new creamer. haha. Whatever works, right?! Thanks for linking up, Sammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of bribing myself too. I've decided the only way I'll ever get back into a running routine is with cute new running clothes (probably not the best method, but... if it works, it works!)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so on board with the colored pens! Little special touches to make ordinary (or even sometimes dare I say boring) moments just a bit more special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love love love my colored pens! :)

      Delete