Monday, May 11, 2015

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind {4/5}

If you're on the fence about answering these questions, I really recommend it. They seem simple, and they are, but it really helps you to reflect on life. I think reflection is really important, because you can't see where you're going if you don't fully understand what shaped you into the person that you are today. So, answer the questions! And let me know when you do, I can't wait to learn more about you!

1. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
     Any time with Ry. I love that boy with my whole heart, and seeing him interact with others and the respect he has for other people and how hard he works even when times are tough just makes me love him more and more. I love that he always places God first, and I'm so inspired by his actions and his commitment to the things that he believes in and that are important to him. He makes me realize that I need to pursue the things that I believe in, and work hard for the outcomes that I want. He's amazing.

2. If not now, then when?
    When you're called. Don't do it because it's something you want, do it because it's something you feel with your entire self that you need to do.

3. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
    Everything I want to achieve pends on this degree, one more year!

4. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
    I can't say that I have, I need words in my life!

5. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
    That's a great question, and while I don't think I'm the most qualified person to answer it, I'd like to think that it's because people believe in something so much that they are willing to fight to defend it. While this probably isn't the best approach, I think it stems from a passion that leads to action that's often unexplainable. However, I think that love shouldn't result in war, and that loving others would overcome the desire to go to a war for any reason. But, these are situations I've never been in, and like I mentioned- I don't think I'm qualified to answer.

6. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
    I'm not all knowing, all I can do is pray that God will protect me. I do believe that we're given the knowledge through the Bible to discern what we should and should not do, but ultimately those judgments are made by God.

7. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
    My future career is something that makes me really happy, so I don't think that I would. If I won a million dollars I would buy a (non-mansion, family sized) home, pay for my education, pay off my family's debts, donate to my church, update my classroom supplies, and save the rest.

8. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
   I love work. More work I enjoy = happy me! If you're happy, is it really work?

9. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
   No way! Every day is different.

10. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
    Rarely. The last occasion I would say even slightly resembled this was being questioned about my faith for the first time, with the support of a few nearby people, last week. It was empowering to be able to explain my beliefs calmly while being questioned, but also frightening because I didn't want to let my fear result in me answering incorrectly.

Only one more round to go, have you joined the question answering yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment