Sunday, May 10, 2015

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind {3/5}

Still going! How's your weekend? Have you considered answering these questions?

1. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
     Joyful simpleton. I actually really like that phrase. I know simpleton is meant to be an insult (foolish, gullible), but sometimes I think it's better to be happy and blissfully unaware than to have knowledge and be afraid.

2. Why are you, you?
    Because somebody had to do it! I honestly don't know how to answer this question. I feel that there are people that are similar to me, but there's nobody who's -exactly- like me, and that makes me feel special. Thanks Jesus.

3. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
   Oh, that's deep. I think that as a friend I'm someone who might not be hanging out every free second, but I'm always willing to go do something at the drop of a hat, and always there when  someone needs me. That's the kind of friend I'd like to have, and I hope that's how people see my actions.

4. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
    Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you. If someone moves away, you expect that you won't be able to see each other as much, but hopefully you still regularly check in to see how everything is going. When someone lives near you and you stop talking, there are a lot of unanswered questions there, and probably a lot of hurt.

5. What are you most grateful for?
    A God that loves me unconditionally and has provided for me in more beautiful ways than I could ever list, a supportive family that loves me, an amazing boyfriend that I'm so blessed to have in my life, a great job, amazing friends. Everything, I'm grateful for everything.

6. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
     The Vow or 50 First Dates. That's basically what this question is. Well, if I lost all of my old memories, I would either have to trust those around me to rebuild my life, and depending on how that went I would either continue life with them and create new memories, albeit in a different way, or change life paths altogether. However, my life would still be progressing. On the other hand, if I couldn't make new memories, I would forever be stuck in the past and would receive a shock every day when I woke up and would basically relive the same 24 hours over and over again, I don't know how life could progress like that. Also, aging would be a strange phenomenon. So, The Vow - lose old memories, even though that would be sad.

7. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
    I think this is situational. In some cases, you can know the truth without challenging it. But, I think asking questions to better understand something can give you a more developed sense of the truth.

8. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
     My greatest fear is to be alone and unloved. This has never happened, in part because I have an amazing God that will always love me, and also because I know my family will never leave me and will always love me.

9. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?
    Five years ago I was a sophomore in high school and the thing I was most upset about was probably that my boyfriend at the time (who lived hours away) was going to be spending the whole summer on the opposite end of the United States. This doesn't really matter now, but it also kind of does because I feel that living through that entire situation made me a lot stronger.

10. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?
     When I was in the sixth grade my parents took us to this conference meeting thing they had to go to for the weekend and while we were there they told us we'd be missing the week of school because we had to go to another conference. My brother and I were like, cool- less school we don't care where we go, and didn't question anything. But, my parents were hiding that we were actually going to Disneyland. I think this was special because my family had never gone on a major vacation, and worked a lot, so having that time together was really nice.

Still there? Favorite question? Favorite answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment