Saturday, May 9, 2015

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind {2/5}

As promised, continuing this list of fifty questions to free your mind.

1. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
     In some situations I'll keep my mouth shut, head down, and not speak about uncomfortable topics. However, I think that if the person they were talking about was a good person and their comments were incorrect I would let them know that my friend was a great person, and that maybe their interactions with her occurred on a bad day. I'd hope others would do the same for me.

2. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
     Follow your heart, but listen to your head. Not anyone else's, yours.

3. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
    Situational, but I would do anything to protect those I love.

4. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
    Can't say that I have, but I believe it could happen.

5. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
    Hold a pencil. I'm not sure why, but I just hold them strangely. I think that it was something I was just never taught and when you glance it 'looks' normal, so my teachers/parents probably didn't realize it was incorrect. It's only been commented on one time when I was younger, and by then it was too late to fix!

6. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
   Everyone has their own interests, and if we were all encouraged and excited about the same things the world wouldn't be near as interesting as it is. Also, I'm glad not everyone gets as excited about peanut butter m&ms as I do, then there wouldn't be any for me!

7. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back?
    I really want to purchase a small home, and make it adorably decorated with scripture home décor and rustic pieces. I can't do this yet because I'm still attending university, don't know where I ultimately want to live, and lack funding. But, someday.

8. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
   Fear that I'll never be good enough. Which is ridiculous, because God loves me unconditionally, in spite of my failures. But, I dislike letting others down, especially God, and tend to hide and feel bad before I'm snapped back into the reality that I'll always be loved.

9. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
   If I moved to another state it would have to be near the one that I live now, I'd hate to be really far from my family especially since travel costs are so high. So, probably somewhere else in the Northwest, or Hawaii.

10. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
    Only if the light doesn't come on. I know it doesn't make the elevator move faster, especially when it's a vegetable oil elevator. Those things are slow.

 

What was your favorite question? Favorite answer?



No comments:

Post a Comment