Wednesday, April 22, 2015

When You Don't Feel Good Enough

Whatever you do today is enough.

"You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.”   
      - Maya Angelou
 
Disclaimer - This is not an invitation to always be lazy, although rest is equally as important as work. Interpret everything I say however it applies and relates to your beautiful life.

I'm an overachiever surrounded by overachievers often recognizing I'm stressed and overwhelmed when it's much too late. Can I get an amen? I want to be helpful, organized, caught up, and perfect - but I'm me, and I also want to be happy.

I want to go on runs, and read good books. (Haven't done much running, but The Longest Ride... which I read in the last 24 hours... is my new favorite)

I want to smile at Pinterest posts that I tuck away for events way, way, wayyyy in the future instead of doing the homework that's due tomorrow.

I want to make to do lists that I know I won't get to anytime soon.

Some days, I just want to take a break, ya know? I want to do what I want and not feel the ever-present pressure to be ahead, to be perfect, to be 100% constantly organized.

I want to be enough.

And thankfully, I know that I am.

Matthew 6:25-27  - “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

This is beautiful to me. Do not worry about your life. Yeah, you! You with the lists and the stress that I know all too well! Don't worry about where your food will come from, where your clothes will come from, how you will provide. Do what you can and trust that God will take care of the rest. Take a deep breath. Worry doesn't solve any problems, it causes more.

I'm a ridiculous planner, and I always have been. But little by little I'm handing over the reins to God. I know that His plans are far better than my own and I've seen this many many times in my life.

Proverbs 3:5-6   Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Trust with your whole heart and everything that you are that God is good and that he has a  plan for your life that is far more than any plan you alone could create. Again, even if you can plan a good life for yourself in your head and you know exactly how you want it to turn up, trust that even if you get everything that you dream of - God's plan will always, always, always be far better. Always. Why would you not want that to be the plan that your life follows?

Matthew 11:28  Come to me,1 all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

God wants to give you a break. He wants to help you. Let go of that control and let Him do that. Don't struggle alone. Because struggling alone when rest is readily available is silly. Pray. Pray for peace and for help and do it often. It's worth it, you're worth it.

I hope you have a great day.
Remember you're enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment