Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thessalonians

-this post from my Tumblr, which I don't use anymore.

     I don’t usually post things on Tumbr, and if I do it’s usually a photo. But, today I read 1 Thessalonians and 2 Thessalonians and I feel the need to type. I feel the need to type so much I considered starting a new blog just to type, but I won’t do that…yet. [note... here we are! ]
Before I start talking about all of the things in my head I’m going to pinpoint some verses that really, really stood out to me.

1. 1 Thessalonians 1:3 - “We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.”

2. 1 Thessalonians 2:4 - “On the contrary, we spoke as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts.”

3. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 - “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

4. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 - “Rejoice always, pray continually”

5. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 - “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.


First of all, just wow. It’s always incredible to me how often God brings the right thing to me whenever I needed. 1 Thessalonians especially was exactly what I needed to read.

1. Work produced by faith, labor prompted by LOVE, and endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. I know that I often become grumpy about my work. I’m tired, so I don’t want to stay up late. I’m stressed about class work and other life responsibilities and wish I could be anywhere but that two hour meeting. But God wants me to be there. God has brought these opportunities into my life for a reason and any work that I do should be fueled by the faith that I have in the fact that he has brought me to this job, for a reason. Any work that I do should be done in love for those around me that I work with, the people the work will benefit, and God himself. And I should smile and work to the best of my ability with the endurance given to me by God, if I ask, because of the hope and faith that I have in Him.

2. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts. Worldly approval. I’ve been struggling lately with being grumpy. And I’ve been praying for the ability to be kind to everyone, and nice- which are very important things. But I want to pray for the ability to show God’s grace to everyone. Not just to be nice to them, but to make them realize that I’m a kind person because I have the love of an amazing God, and have an amazing life because of Him. Don’t get me wrong, I still want to be kind- but I don’t want to be kind so that people will think "Wow, she’s a very nice person!” I want to be kind so that God will be proud of me for loving His people as much as He does, and because it’s what He wants.“

3. I so desperately want to be able to build other people up. I’m so proud to know many people in my life who are able to build me up emotionally and give me verses when I need them, and I want that to be something that I’m able to do for them, if that’s something God wants me to be able to do.

4. Rejoice always. Even when life is tough. Even when I don’t get what I want. Because God is always up to something, and even the negatives will turn out to be a blessing in some way. They always have, and they always will. I just need to be patient and praise God for the work that he is doing in my life. And He is always doing something. Pray continually. Continually, continually, continually.








I want to be able to pray throughout my day. When I’m happy, when I’m sad, when I need strength. I just want to take the time to show God that I know He’s there and that I’m listening to what He has to say. I want to take the time in the morning to start my day with Him and to end my day with Him. Like the definition states, I want to pray frequently. regularly. without interruption. constantly.


5. May God, who loves you, give you eternal encouragement and hope. May He encourage your heart and strengthen you in every thing you do and say. That’s how I interpret this verse and I love every word of every version. May God give you strength every day in whatever you face, however you need it.


I’m just so happy and feel so blessed to have been able to read the Bible today, and for the life that I live.
What do you think about Thessalonians? What do you think about these verses?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment